Insecticides and repellency
The home insecticide market makes up over 6% of the Home Care market globally, and is the largest growing category since 2010. The main factors that have contributed to the huge growth in the insect repellent market are as follows:
- strong government progress to reduce diseases caused by mosquitos (Latin America and Asia);
- companies investing in educational programmes and marketing campaigns to raise awareness;
- increasing consumer awareness of health risks; and
- global temperature variations – mainly wet and warm regions contributing to increased number of insects.
Product finderView our wide product range
Sustainable bio-based surfactants brochure
Household insect repellent sprays
Household insect repellent sprays are the most commonly used product among consumers, while personal insect repellent sprays are also popular. The key market drivers for consumer products are:
- practicality and ease-of-use – must be fast acting and durable;
- health and well-being – safe, non-toxic, multipurpose products guaranteed to protect individuals, as well as the home;
- value and efficacy – high performance, with a wide efficacy against different insects; and
- environment responsibility – products must not be damaging to the environment.
Interested in formulating?
View our functional ingredients for insect repellency
Ingredients and guide formulations that can add emollience and skin care benefits to insect repellency products.
We can help you deal with the many challenges faced when trying to tackle formulation stability and performance, as well as environmental concerns.
Our easy-to-use polymeric rheology modifiers deliver excellent performance benefits in a wide range of water and oil based formulations to create stable, eye-catching products.
We ensure our products comply with international and national regulations and legislation to deliver the highest standards for the safety of our employees, customers and end users.Read more
Over 50 products make up the 100% bio-based ECO range made from bio-based ethylene oxide (EO). Make fast changes to your formulations to increase the bio-based content, reduce carbon footprint and maintain performance.Read more
Our easy-to-use polymeric rheology modifiers deliver excellent performance benefits in a wide range formulations.Read more